Chair Anthony Ambler’s Message on Sustainable Development
Many people have become increasingly concerned about the long term health effects of petro-chemical based products. This shift is in line with the Great Law of the Iroquois Confederacy which reminds us that:
"In every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations."
At Swish, we also share these concerns and recognize the necessity of offering cleaning products which are less harmful to human health and the overall environment. Today, we sell a wide range of chemical, paper and garbage bag liner products that are EcoLogo or Green Seal certified.
Over the years, we have taken many steps in our "sustainable development" journey with our focus remaining on understanding our customer's problems and developing cleaning processes and solutions that create value and meet their changing requirements. Central to our sustainable development efforts is creating cleaning solutions for improved human health and to that end, we are constantly looking for ways to improve our products and services by integrating sustainable practices into our organizational systems and processes.
This means that we are:
- Continuously developing and sourcing products to meet customer needs, including a great variety of environmentally responsible products
- Providing excellent customer service, including assistance to customers in establishing and maintaining green cleaning programs
- Implementing measures to reduce energy and materials used and to produce less waste in our operational and distribution processes
- Providing more learning opportunities for our customers and employees because continuous learning and sharing knowledge is critical to adapting to business needs
- Supporting health, education and environmental initiatives to improve the communities in which we live and do business
By working to make continuous, sustainable improvements at Swish, it is our hope that we can help our customers meet their sustainability goals and contribute to improved community health.
Chair, Swish Maintenance Ltd.
Swish Commitment to Sustainability
Our goals are to meet the sustainable development goals of our customers and their customers by delivering proven innovation solutions that can make their workplace safer and more environmentally responsible.
When we think of Sustainability it is simply “Caring for the Future, Today” and we summarize it in one simple commitment statement:
We will work with our employees, business and community partners towards long-term economic, social and environmental well-being through continuous improvement.
At Swish we believe sustainability goes beyond providing green products to our customers. It means developing viable and enduring policies that ensure the long-term well-being of our business, the businesses of our clients, the communities that we serve and the environment.
We are continually evaluating our products and operations against the “3 Pillars of Sustainability”: Social, Economic and Environmental. Only by considering and balancing all 3 pillars are we able to evaluate all of our business activities on an ongoing basis, make informed decisions, and ensure our continued success.
Our sustainable practices include:
- Developing and sourcing products that meet or exceed environmental standards
- Establishing complete green cleaning programs
- Attracting and retaining personnel whose ingenuity, dedication and teamwork are essential to continued success
- Reducing our environmental footprint in our operations and distribution processes
- Providing educational opportunities for our customers and employees
- Supporting health, education and environmental initiatives to improve the communities we serve